Friday, June 19, 2015

{Handicrafts} :: Father's Day Gift

This week for {Handicrafts} I wanted to share a fun, out-doors-y gift for Dad (or Granddad!)



I am not the best at planning handicrafts as gifts ahead of time. I usually fail in this department. Most of the time it's a mad dash to get it all together, then a big flop. I was hoping this time would be a success. I think it was! (or will be since we haven't gifted these yet). So I thought maybe I would share this in case any of you needed a last-minute idea for Dad too :-)

I found a couple of candle holders at the dollar store that were fairly heavyweight glass.

Then we went around and picked up sticks in our yard...



...cut them at differing heights with pruning shears...

...and hot-glued them around the candle holders. Jute twine added for final touches :-)



Voila
A cool candy jar for Dad to set on his desk at work for a sweet pick-me-up during the day.

2 comments :

  1. Wonderful idea, Kristyn. We are trying to plan some summer handicrafts. For the girls, maybe some sewing or crocheting. And probably woodworking for the boys. But my children will want to give this idea a try, I am sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! My son really enjoyed using the pruning shears to cut the twigs. That was fun :-)
      I am always on the prowl for practical, age-appropriate handicrafts. Would love to know of anything you come across!

      Delete